Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mission Log, Stardate 8/19/2013: Somebody in Texas is praying for cool weather -- and they have faith to move mountains

Hey y'all!

A missionary will classify things differently. A good week will never be measured by accomplishments and fun will never be measured by how many times you felt happy or laughed. By missionary standards, this week was a good, fun week.

This week was good because we worked hard. It was fun because of a 20-year-old evangelist.

Sister Chantry and I have this thing where we don't really take no for an answer. We do a lot of tracting because of the low investigator count, and so with each door, we ask 3 things: can we share our beliefs, can we share a scripture and a prayer with you, do you know anybody on this street that has just moved in... Obviously, I'm generalizing, but that's the situation. Joseph Smith said to his brother that if they wouldn't let them talk, then they would write their testimony down and paste it all over their doors and windows. Obviously that's illegal in this day and age, but that is the kind of attitude the Justin sisters have adopted. You may not want to know about what we believe in, but you're gonna know that I believe.

My convictions about the doctrine that we preach were put to this test as we tried to teach, what I call, a "lazy Christian." They believe that they can't do anything for their own salvation, God's done it for them already. Now that just bugs me. Mostly because James 2:21, but also because it just doesn't make sense... If Christ gave His life for me... why in the world would I allow myself to be lulled into complacency and hide the devotion I have? I know I am an unprofitable servant, BUT Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to glorify and serve Him. Knowing all that He has done for us -- and continues to do, I might add -- what makes you think sitting on your butt is what He wants you to do?

I just don't understand some people.

It's been fun, it's been good, it has been so real and it is flippin' AWESOME and the best thing I could ever do. Go team go!

Keep on keepin' on!!
Love Sister Gunson
-------------------------
Note from Mama Gunson:
I asked Hannah what "Justin sisters" are and she said that's the name of their area.

And in case you missed it, her new address is:
8299 Small Block Road #622
Roanoke, TX 76262

No comments:

Post a Comment