Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

We Got This

Well folks, it's that time again! Lantana did not dodge the transfer bullet, so on Wednesday, my brain (Heap) took off for Weatherford and I picked up Sister Christensen! Honestly, all I pray for when asking Heavenly Father favors concerning a new comp is that they'll be funny and she is. We've laughed a lot.

All laughters aside, this week was weird. This is only the second time I've been left behind in an area and for the first couple of days, despite having been here for 12 weeks, when we sat down to plan, my brain went "durrrrrrrr" which was a little awkward.

Saturday rolled around and I told Sister Christensen that I had no idea what to do. Truth be told, I had been feeling that way even before Heapy left. I didn't feel like we were progressing ENOUGH. I felt like the work should be moving faster. Bad missionary moment: I didn't listen to the spiritual promptings.... So we took some time to do some extended planning. We were able to chart out some stencils of the spiritual journeys we want our 'gators to take, complete with mini-goals and commitments to help them get to baptism. After that, we called our WML (ward mission leader) and set up an extra Ward Corollation for after church so that we could all figure out how to mobilize the troops of the Lantana-Day Saints. We have several plans that are currently not being acted upon... which is a little frustrating to the 3 of us. But after that extra meeting, if felt good to be on the same page as everyone.

This morning for personal study, I looked at everything we had to do. There's a TON of work to be done. It's a little intimidating. But for the first time in I don't know how long, I looked at the work before us and went "we got this."

Our Relief Society's motto (in Lantana) is "We Got This." And it felt so good to be able to say that about this companionship. We can only say that though because we're in a trio: Me, SIster Christensen and the Spirit. It all looks like a ton of work, but it's nothing Heavenly Father hasn't done before. I'm sure restoring the church was a pretty big work load, but He did it. And now we have 15 million members and an army of 80,000+ 19 year olds, Heaven-bent on changing the world. Yes, I changed the phrase Hell-bent to Heaven-bent because that's the only way any of us can do this thing.

For the first time in a while, I didn't balk at the task before. I'm just excited to do this thing.

We got this!!!! ;)
Lurbz, Sister Gunson

No comments:

Post a Comment