Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Sister Hannah Lantana (AKA Transfer Time!)

 Hideeho!

Well... the day I have most feared and dreaded has arrived... I'm being transferred from my beloved Justin to serve in Lantana. It's right by Lewisville, according to my ZL. I'm excited, because now I get a fresh start... but it's so hard to see the people I love SO MUCH stay here while I have to go elsewhere. it's okay. That's what mission tours are for.

This week was been the weirdest week of my mission, probably my life. I was able to go get my eyes checked out after having weeks of eyeball-pain... turns out I need glasses. By the time we got out of the office... freezing rain had started in. We started to drive cautiously home and then our ZL's called and said "get in the apartment now please." We headed back to our apartment and tried to be proactive.

Now, where we live, we live outside of our area on essentially an island. We are surrounded by dangerous freeways and highways that cannot be walked, 10 miles outside of our area. We were given permission to walk... however.... Given the circumstances, there isn't much we can do.

Did you know that there's a limit to how many times you call your potentials and Less-Actives? Well we didn't. We bugged everybody in the area book at least 7 times. We walked around our apartment and tried to hand out pass along cards. We called our Less Actives again. We taught people over the phone! We ran out of things to do to stay proactive within the first day.

Yes, first day.

Because there was so much ice on the roads (yeah, not snow, ICE) we were on lockdown for 3 and a half days. No church on Sunday; members were dropping off dinners like St. Bernards because we couldn't even get members to drive us. So... we went a little stir crazy.

This week was weird, man. Really weird. Napper and I had a lot of bonding time, though. Surprisingly, we didn't kill each other.

Have a good week!
Sister Hannah Lantana

No comments:

Post a Comment