Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud For All To Hear (ALSO: Address Update!)

SISTER GUNSON HAS A NEW ADDRESS! Take note below:
231 Oakview Dr.
Double Oak, Texas
75077
-------------------------
Oh boy.

So, transfers are fun. My new companion is Sister Heap. She and I came out together! She's from San Diego, so we reminisce and stuff. But the all-time best thing we do here in Lantana is CAROLING. Oh my gosh!! Heap and I carol as a companionship and sometimes we drag families out to make them introduce us to their friends! I haven't sung this much consistently since "Hello Dolly". So I really hope I sound good.

I always knew music was an important feature and prominently displayed tool in our religion's culture... but it's fascinating to watch it work as a missionary tool! Doors that would usually shut are wide open! We get to see so many people! And it's awesome to watch them warm up and feel the spirit. It's like having the heater slowly turn on. All of a sudden, the lights come on. It's a wonderful life....

Lantana's just about to bust wide open. Our investigators are solid, although they prefer an inch by inch form of progression. Which... is fine. if they're deciding to be baptized, then I'd rather they be solid and convicted. Sister Heap and I just have a lot of conversations that go like this:

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET IN THE WATER THE GOSPLE IS THE GREATEST THING JUST DO IIIIIIIIT!!!"

With this new area, I'm really excited. I wish I had more to say, but our lessons like to punch. I will say this. My new favorite person in the area is Dakota. He's 7 years old and has ADHD as bad as I did when I was 7. So teaching him is literally my favorite thing ever because I understand everything going on in his brain and everyone else doesn't. Also, he understands things the way I do. I just really want to take him home with me.

Oh! And guess what? 2 things: there are folks in my ward that know Clark and Joanne!! They're super close friends with them, they're the Tim family. They're super sweet! And Sister Heap and I taught seminary today. Dude, I have NO idea how I got up at 5 every morning.

Love y'all! Have a sweet week!
Sister Gunson

No comments:

Post a Comment