Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

If You Build It, They Will Come.

Hey y'all!

A little while ago, my companion and I were talking to the bishop of our ward. We wanted some guidance and counsel before we continued forward in our work. We decided that the best plan of action was to strengthen the ward. Our bishop said: :"If you build it, they will come." We have been building it, and the party just showed up this week.

Among the many many MANY miracles seen this week, my favorite one has to be Sean Taft. He just moved in with a aprt member family and is probably the most sincere investigator I've seen in a really long time. He has questions like "I'm scared of death because I think I'm going to Hell" and "repentance doesn't work for me." So maybe those aren't questions so much as they are statements that lead to teaching.... But we had a really powerful experience with him yesterday as we invited him to be baptized and take the lessons. He agreed to both and we're starting in on his conversion process! I know he's going to be real with all of this because his drive comes from the realization that hope might be around the corner. He reminds me a lot of someone back home. He's so teachable.... I'm so thankful I get to be a part of this!!

It has been a struggle to live these past couple weeks though. I don't understand God's plan. I don't think I really will. For a while, I was scared to wake up because I dreaded the next morning. But Paul has some good advice: Romans 5:3-4 says: Not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope." I wish Heavenly Father didn't trust me so much sometimes. And one day, I will have joy in suffering. I know, it sounds SUPER weird, and I kind of can't believe I'm saying that, so, I'm just gonna quote one of the greatest wizards of all time, Ronald Weasely: "You're gonna suffer.... but you'll be happy about it."

Awesome.

Here's to another week!
Love, Sister Gunson

No comments:

Post a Comment